Great Wealth In Christ
How do you assess your wealth? Is it by the amount of money you have in your bank account? The size of your house? Or maybe the car you drive?
These things may all seem important now but let’s remember that your true wealth can never really be measured. Your true wealth springs from your salvation in Jesus Christ. Read this wonderful reminder of all the ways we are rich in God’s love.
A tax assessor came one day to a poor Christian to determine the amount of taxes he would have to pay. The following conversation took place:
“What property do you possess?” asked the assessor.
“I am a very wealthy man,” replied the Christian.
“List your possessions, please,” the assessor instructed.
The Christian said:
- First, I have everlasting life (John 3:16),
- Second, I have a mansion in heaven (John 14:2),
- Third, I have peace that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7),
- Fourth, I have joy unspeakable (1 Peter 1:8),
- Fifth, I have divine love which never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8),
- Sixth, I have a faithful wife (Proverbs 31:10),
- Seventh, I have healthy, happy obedient children (Exodus 20:12),
- Eighth, I have true, loyal friends (Proverbs 18:24),
- Ninth, I have songs in the night (Psalms 42:8),
- Tenth, I have a crown of life (James 1:12).
The tax assessor closed his book, and said, “Truly you are a very rich man, but your property is not subject to taxation.”
– Author Unknown