From The Cookie Crust To The Fudgy Centers, These Revel Bars Are Sure To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth!chalc3d0ny
You know, a delicious oat cookie crust is generally reserved for fruit crisps, but the beauty of a revel bar is that it combines chocolate brownies with the scrumptious oat topping. These ones are so good–basically made up of decadent fudge–they’re absolutely out of this world and great for a crowd! We made this recipe with ourselves and our friends and families in mind, but double it up and you’ve easily got enough for a whole party! We love everything about these revel bars (how sinfully rich they are and how quickly they disappear, being two reasons) and we know you’ll love them too!
Chocolate Revel Bars
Yields 2-3 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups steel-rolled, old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a 8×8 or 9×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together 6 tablespoons butter and sugar and lightened in color and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract, then slowly beat in dry ingredients.
- Set up a double boiler (or at 30-second intervals in the microwave), and melt condensed milk, chocolate chips and remaining butter over a simmering pot of water. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Spread 2/3 of cookie dough mixture and pack it into baking dish.
- Top with melted chocolate and gently tap the dish against a hard surface so that it spreads out and evenly coats the dough.
- Spoon remaining cookie mixture over the top of chocolate, place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into 1×2-inch squares.
Recipe adapted from Baking Bites